Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

My latest and greatest

Start with the bad, end with the good: I can't stand my housemate! Oh, it feels sooooo darn good to say that. I have been trying to convince myself for months that I like her. Now, it's like I have FREEDOM from pushing myself to like someone who I don't. Right now, I'm getting some kind of sick pleasure from allowing myself to feel the dislike. I was taught growing up that some emotions were off-limits and it feels good when it isn't off-limits anymore. The good: she has decided to move and rent the house out. I can't come close to affording the rent here on my own and that's ok with me. My man and I had already started talking about sharing an abode and now Goddess presents me with an opportunity to see if that is something that will be an option. No move date, just that it will likely happen in the next couple months. I will miss being on the lake and the bathtub. Sounds silly to miss a bathtub but it's a garden tub and so awesome for bubble baths :)

Medical crap: My doctor neglected to tell me that she changed what medication I am getting in my IV! She neglected to tell my nurse too! Argh! No wonder I'm looking for a second opinion from someone who is closer to me. It's just a matter of submitting paperwork to get the consult appointment. It's always paperwork that holds up progress.

My housemate feels inconvenienced with I use the kitchen (she has some serious control issues!) so my playing around has been limited. Still working on pics to post. I really, really want the Easter Bunny to put a high-quality digital camera in my Easter basket. I don't know if that'll happen but a girl can hope.

Write this day (well, yesterday) down in the history books. I got my man to try tofu AND he liked it! Even wants me to make more. He tried my eggless egg salad. Next will likely be something that has less fat (veganaise is just as fatty as mayonaise. I cut it with hummus but still. . .) and just as much flavor. Oh, I forgot already. Today goes down in history too! He joined a gym and added me to his account so I can go for free! If you knew my man you would know how astonishing this is. He has made it a point to tell me over and over that he is a "lazy, fat asshole." His words, not mine. Ok. Not totally true. I have called him lazy. But only because it's the truth. Now, he's ready to make some changes to his eating habits and lifestyle. Amazing how being a living example works miracles! I'll be his biggest cheerleader too because I love him and because it will help keep me motivated too.

Just got a crappy phone call. Ugh. I don't want to talk about it. So, I just sat for half an hour and organized my recipes. That was soothing. To celebrate, I'm going to post a recipe today! Toodles Noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment