Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Hump Day

A whole week has gone by. . . what a busy week it's been too. My mom and I have made a game up regarding my housemates. It's more like a bet really. I think my landlady is only going to be accommodating to the new girl for a total of two weeks (one week down, one to go). My mom said a couple days. I'm winning although the end is in sight. Today I woke up to a great debate about Palmetto Bugs. The new girl is terrified of them. Well, she's terrified of a lot. She has a real issue with not using chemicals. I looked up an all natural repellent and I see a difference but it's not "good enough" for the new girl. This morning there was a heated discussion about the bugs. Yesterday the new girl said she doesn't know what to do about the whole situation. I haven't been feeling well and I almost snapped "You have three options: stay here and keep complaining, stay here and accept that these are the house rules or move out." Thank you Goddess for restraint of tongue! There was not much tact in this morning's talk. I put my headphones on. I have no interest in getting in the middle of this. I guess that's my lesson: neither of these women's problems are mine. I can totally detach from all this bull crap and live my life the best I can and set healthy boundries. I just have to remind myself that I am a lady of diginity, respect and integrity and deserve to be treated as such.

Yesterday I told my man that I wear the pants in the relationship. He insists that he's in charge and makes the rules. Ha! I told him that I'm taking over from here on out :) I love the banter between the two of us. He really helps me to stay on the positive side. Now we're talking about him moving in here with me when my landlady moves south rather than me moving into an apartment with him. There are a lot of benefits to staying here. Full kitchen plus a washer/dryer on the premises are two big ones. It's all about finances. My mom, my housemate and I are going to sit down and see if we can make me not moving (beyond moving down the hall to the master bedroom) a possibility. Since I hate moving and this would be the fourth move in as many years I want this to work out too.

My landlady is leaving for 3 1/2 months end of May and I get a break in my rent to take care of her dog. Ah, a little peace and quiet plus more money in the bank. Pretty sweet deal if I say so myself. I also get to dog sit for my man. I love animal energy.

Successes in the kitchen: Crockpot Steel Cut Oatmeal. I can't say enough good stuff about it. Chipotle Guacamole Salsa has some serious kick to it. I adapted the salsa recipe from the Frosted Bake Shop. "Scones" which were more like dense cookies could use some final touches. Need to download pictures off my camera to add to my posts. One thing, one day at a time.

Chipotle Guacamole Salsa

1lb tomatillos, peeled, rinsed and quartered
2 small onions, peeled and quartered
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped or to taste
1 tsp dried cilantro
1 avocado
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup packed fresh basil
juice of 1 lime
1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or to taste

Put all ingredients in blender/food processor in the order listed to prevent the avocado from sticking to the blades. Give it a whirl until desired consistency. Yum!

Obviously I'm a big fan of garlic and chipotle peppers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment