Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Almond Butter

Ok, this stuff is TOTALLY addicting! I could sit and eat a whole jar of it. I've checked out a bunch of different recipes and this one I adapted from a recipe for pumpkin spiced almond butter (that recipe can be found here). Naturally, I cut out the sugar and simplified it to a basic but butter. I want to play with it and make chocolate almond butter but right now, I'm keeping it simple :)

Almond Butter

2 cups almonds
pinch sea salt
canola oil (optional)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees farenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil if desired. Spread almonds on pan and stick those bad boys in the oven. Give'em about 10-15 minutes in there and they will start to smell wonderfully nutty. That's how you know they're done :) Take them out and let them cool 20-30 minutes. You want the almonds to still be slightly warm. Throw the warm nuts into your food processor, turn it on and watch the maggic begin. I use a Ninja so I have to stand there and hold the button down but it is sooooo worth it. Let the machine run until the nuts "butterize," which is past the stage where they look like a ball of cookie dough rolling around in there. Take the lid off, smell the yummy goodness and add the salt and oil if you want. Sometimes I use oil, sometimes I don't. It all depends on the consistency I want. Put the top back in place, push the "on" button and keep on processing until you get the butter to the desired consistency. There ya go. Almond Butter! Variations to follow. .  eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment